A big welcome to Sydney–our new Communications and Operations Associate! She’s a Bay Area native and UCSB alumnus. Her background includes stints in social enterprises and impact organizations including working on campaigns to prevent child exploitation and developing and managing youth ministry programs. She will be Cutting Edge’s lead on communications and client outreach including leading our social media, digital content and events and working with our partners to multiply our reach and impact through targeted collaborations. Sydney can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We here at Cutting Edge send our congratulations to Kassandra on her new position as Marketing Manager with BALLE.
Kassandra led our marketing and communications efforts in 2017 and 2018 and we are grateful for how she lifted our brand and strengthened our connections to clients and community. We look forward to collaborating with her (and BALLE) in the coming months. Let’s keep building resilient local economies together!
Thank you and best wishes to Kassandra.
— John, Brian, Kim and the whole Cutting Edge Team
P.S. See our job opening here.
Are you interested in business, law, marketing, or some combination? We’re hiring for a dynamic position that will include driving our marketing, managing client relations, and supporting our day-to-day operations. Take a look at our listing below to learn more.
Job Opening – Cutting Edge Capital: Communications & Operations
Cutting Edge Capital Summary
In collaboration with our affiliated law firm, Cutting Edge Counsel, we help mission-driven organizations raise capital in alignment with their values and goals. We specialize in offerings that are open to an enterprise’s community of supporters, both wealthy and community investors. We use our experience, legal knowledge, and passion to assist businesses, cooperatives, and nonprofits with innovative and successful capital raising campaigns. We believe that community led offerings help entrepreneurs maintain control and stay mission-aligned and help build a more just, equitable and sustainable economy. Our services include: strategic consulting; legal services; finance and business plan consulting; marketing guidance and tools.
What We are Looking For
- You are a mission focused individual dedicated to a more resilient, sustainable, and equitable economy.
- You are actively engaged in your local community, offering support to initiatives that align with your values.
- You are a strategic thinker that can look at complex problems and offer simple solutions.
- You are a generalist that is excited to learn about all aspects of business operations and marketing.
- You are organized, efficient, and self-disciplined.
Summary of Position
You will act as the communications and operations guru for Cutting Edge Capital and Cutting Edge Counsel. Your primary responsibilities include interfacing with clients, driving company marketing, and fostering a positive and efficient work environment.
- Facilitate communication with potential clients
- Manage and coordinate schedules
- Perform administrative responsibilities
- Manage social media, bi-monthly newsletters, blog posts, and general marketing
- Update WordPress site with client updates, blog posts, etc.
- Manage Salesforce pipeline
- Assist with special projects
- Create compelling presentations and media
- Manage employee/subcontractor onboarding/off-boarding
- Prepare quarterly sales & operations reports
- Relevant bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two years of related administrative or marketing experience
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, GSuite, Salesforce, and WordPress preferred
- Graphic design skills a plus
Compensation: $28 per hour
Please send a resume with a cover letter describing why you want to work for us to email@example.com.
As follow up to part I of our Cannabis Business Structuring and Capital Raising webinar, part II integrates 2018 California cannabis regulations. With our webinar, you will learn about the process to start a legal cannabis business in California with attorneys Kim Arnone and Daniel Dellafosse — from compliance to capital raising.
Interested in the process to start a legal cannabis business in California? Watch our webinar with attorneys Kim Arnone and Daniel Dellafosse to learn about capital raising, entity formation and compliance for the California cannabis industry.
Update: On November 16, 2017, the Department of Consumer Affairs’ Bureau of Cannabis Control, Department of Public Health’s Manufactured Cannabis Safety Branch, and Department of Food and Agriculture’s CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing Division released emergency medicinal and adult-use cannabis regulations for California. The list of regulations can be viewed here: https://cannabis.ca.gov/2017/11/16/licensing-authorities-release-emergency-medicinal-and-adult-use-cannabis-regulations/.