Interested in the process to start a legal cannabis business in California? Watch our webinar with attorneys Kim Arnone and Daniel Dellafosse to learn about capital raising, entity formation and compliance for the California cannabis industry.
Is your business ready for more funding? Watch our webinar replay on Regulation A+. Learn how to identify when your business is ready for a larger raise, receive an overview of the regulatory process for Reg A+, and hear how Reg A+ offerings can be promoted.
Crack open your notepad, listen in, and email us with any questions you have about the Reg A+ process at email@example.com.
KALX Method to the Madness host Lisa Kiefer speaks with Maker’s Common founders Sarah Dvorak and Eric Miller about their new Berkeley eatery/market’s focus on American cheese producers and charcuterie, their challenges, mission and unique model of investment, a direct public offering (DPO). Click play below to listen to the full interview.
What if your community can come together to fund local ventures? Watch our webinar with Kim Arnone and Brian Beckon to find out how to utilize community investment funds (CIFs). Get an in-depth look at the array of opportunities CIFs offer.
This is an immensely useful webinar for nonprofit organizations, coworking spaces, accelerators/incubators, community organizers, and economic development specialists.
Are you passionate about supporting local economies? Join the Cutting Edge Capital team! We’re looking for an Office Administrator/Bookkeeper to support our day-to-day operations. Don’t let the photo fool you, we use computers too!
Position: Office Administrator/Bookkeeper
Location: Uptown Oakland
We are currently seeking an office administrator and bookkeeper to support the management team inthe day-to-day operations of our related entities: a law firm, consulting firm, and non-profit. We are a mission driven organization dedicated to helping socially responsible organizations develop successful community capital raising strategies. Successful candidates will love operations and finance work, have excellent customer service skills, contribute to our positive and collegial work environment, be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and have strong attention to detail.
General Administration Duties:
– onboard new clients including gathering client information, preparing engagement agreements, and completing conflict checks
– send countersigned agreements to new clients and input information into Salesforce
– maintain clear and accurate client records
– assist with human resource activities including distributing and updating policies as needed
– prepare annual benefit corporation reporting and B Corp certification, and other regular reports
– handle insurance renewals as needed
– provide administrative support to attorneys and consultants
Bookkeeping Duties (in conjunction with our management and outside accountant):
– monthly client billing including creation of invoices in Bill.com and QuickBooks
– calculate and transfer amounts from advance/deposit account to operating account
– post receipt of check payments and take bank deposits
– communicate with clients re inquiries and requests
– create attorney provider statements on semi-monthly schedule
– enter and pay bills on Bill.com on semi-monthly schedule
– post bank account and credit card transactions
– respond to vendor inquiries and requests
– process payroll on semi-monthly schedule
– compile new employee docs and enter information in QuickBooks, as needed
– update PTO accrual schedule
Ability to take initiative and create effective solutions.
Ability to handle short deadlines and work under pressure.
Ability to prioritize projects effectively.
Self-starter; able to work well without constant direction.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Attention to detail.
Excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Commitment to environmentally friendly and socially responsible business practices.
Minimum one (1) year administrative and bookkeeping experience.
Enthusiastic and positive nature.
Strong computer skills. Proficient in most recent Microsoft Office Suite and Dropbox. Knowledge of Salesforce, QuickBooks, Bill.com and DocuSign preferred.