Cutting Edge Capital is excited to announce our partnership with SVX! SVX is a community capital raising platform in Canada and the US (coming soon). To support our California community, Cutting Edge Capital & SVX are co-sponsoring an Impact Bootcamp to discuss and develop funding solutions for social enterprises to enable them to raise capital in alignment with their missions.
When: Monday, September 12th (1 – 5 pm)
Where: Impact Hub San Francisco: 901 Mission Street Suite 105 San Francisco, CA 94103
Are you a California impact venture looking for capital and opportunities to scale your business? US and Canadian impact investing and social enterprise experts from Cutting Edge Capital and SVX are hosting a FREE half-day bootcamp on September 12th featuring expert content, coaching, and peer-to-peer learning. Bootcamp sessions will include the following:
- Social Impact Business Model Canvas: Tighten up your business model by preparing or refining your mission and vision with our expert advisors and fellow entrepreneurs
- Private Placements, Direct Public Offerings and Investment Crowdfunding: Learn how you can raise capital from your community using various regulatory compliance mechanisms
- Pitch Preparation and Demo: Gain insights on pitching to impact investors and have the opportunity to practice your pitch with our expert coaches
Ventures will also have the opportunity to learn how they can leverage the new SVX platform to support their capital raise efforts from both accredited investors and the general public.
Early and growth stage impact ventures in the Bay Area and Northern California that will be raising capital in the next 12 months, ideally in the following sectors: clean technology, education and social technology, health and wellness, sustainable food and consumer products, impact real estate, and social inclusion (serving, employing or led by members of underrepresented communities).
Venture Selection Criteria
- Incorporation: US incorporated for-profit or non-profit (includes co-operatives).
- Operating History: Preferred (not mandatory) one (1) year operating history.
- Market Traction: Ventures with existing revenue, customers, and/or investment preferred.
- Business Plan: Business plan that demonstrates understanding of long-term finances, operations, and strategy.
- Impact Focused: Description of current or planned measures to track impact.
- Capital Need: Ventures must be interested in raising debt or equity investment capital in the next 12 months.
Application and Deadline
Applicants should provide the following: a complete application form and a pitch deck.
Ventures should send their materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 7th at 5 pm. Note that we will be accepting applicants on a rolling basis until full so please submit your materials as early as possible. Please reference “Impact Bootcamp” in your email subject line.
If you know an entrepreneur that is looking to raise capital for their small business