April 30-May 1, 2014:
Sustainable Enterprise Conference – Rohnert Park, CA
The Sustainable Enterprise Conference focuses on meeting the following objectives and providing these benefits to attendees:
- Understand the term sustainability and the opportunities it presents.
- Identify successful strategies for economic resilience in a global economy.
- Relate environmental policies and ways in which enterprises can prosper from these policies.
- Offer tools that are strategic and practical – from generating a vision of a sustainable enterprise, to optimizing resource management, to metrics systems for measuring progress.
- Illustrate, through experiences or cases, the rewards and risks of sustainability initiatives as an entrepreneur or within a larger enterprise.
- Network with other organizations and people to successfully implement innovative sustainable operating practices and policies.
Additional information can be found at: http://sustainableenterpriseconference.com/
May 8-11, 2014:
Go Local, Grow Local Conference – Minneapolis, MN
The Go Local, Grow Local conference is designed to offer you specific actions that will yield tangible results for your organization, community or business. Presentations are brief and provide practical guidance while setting the stage for dialogue and action. You’ll be a participant, not just an attendee. If you’re engaged in (or looking to start) a buy local campaign, economic development work, Main Street program, Chamber of Commerce, other work supporting independent businesses or operating one, you’ll find this a valuable and unique event.
Cutting Edge Capital’s Michael Shuman will be a featured speaker at the event.
For more information, please visit the conference website at: http://www.amiba.net/conference
May 14, 2014:
Women of Crowdfunding – Google Hangout, 10:45-11:30 am PST
Devin Thorpe is an author and advisor who focuses on helping those doing good in the world. As a Forbes Contributor, he covers social entrepreneurship and impact investing.
On May 14, Jenny Kassan and six leading women in crowdfunding will join Devin for a 45-minute Google Hangout.
For registration information, please stay tuned to: http://www.forbes.com/sites/devinthorpe/
May 19-21, 2014:
2014 Social Enterprise Business Conference – Austin, TX
The 2014 Social Enterprise Business Conference will be a forum for discussing the application of emerging investing models to social causes. The conference will focus on strategies ranging from Social Impact Bonds to partnerships in investment ventures. The conference will feature several of the country’s leading experts on Social Enterprise, Social Investments, and Low-Profit Limited Liability Corporations (L3Cs).
Jenny Kassan will be speaking on a panel about the legal aspects of investment crowdfunding.
Please visit the conference website for more information: http://www.secsglobal.com/
June 6-9, 2014:
CommonBound: Moving Together Toward a New Economy – Boston, MA
Everywhere today, people are experimenting with new ways to create sustainable businesses, share knowledge and resources, and build resilient and democratic communities. From many people and places, a common vision for a new economy is gaining the momentum and power necessary to transform the system. CommonBound: Moving Together Toward A New Economy is a conference of the New Economy Coalition. The conference will bring together a diverse group of the new economy movement’s most energetic thinkers, practitioners, and newcomers. Conference participants will share practices, tools, and stories; highlight achievements; and create an environment that propels existing work and powerful innovations forward. The event includes:
- A network of more than 600 diverse participants from all around the world
- 40 interactive workshops on themes like worker ownership, community wealth building, environmental justice, and building grassroots power
- Keynote speeches and panels from some of the movement leaders
- A facilitated, conference-wide strategic planning session to help move participants toward transformative action together
- A “Share Fair” showcasing new economy organizations, projects, and ideas
- Open networking space and social events
Cutting Edge Capital’s Jenny Kassan will be on a panel about re-creating access to capital for new economy businesses.
For more information, please visit: http://neweconomy.net/commonbound
June 11-14, 2014:
12th Annual BALLE Conference 2014 – Oakland, CA
Are you a Mission Driven Entrepreneur? A Social Entrepreneur? A Food Systems Advocate, a Policy Maker or simply passionate about the new local economy? Then join the CEC team at the 12th Annual BALLE Conference, 2014, right here in Oakland where key conversations will take place around Localism. Critical areas that interest you will be explored under the conference theme – Prosperity for All.
Cutting Edge Capital’s Jenny Kassan will be Leader in the Room for the Financing Resilient Local Economies conversation.
Please visit BALLE’s website for more information: https://bealocalist.org/
October 8-11, 2014:
Sierra Business Council 2014 Conference – Lake Tahoe, CA
Sierra Business Council presents three days of conversations, new ways of thinking about old issues and creative models for bringing about large scale social, economic and environmental change in the Sierra Nevada. The 20th Anniversary Conference in Lake Tahoe will ignite and inspire innovation and action to build and sustain flourishing Sierra communities. The conference will bring together a lineup of thought leaders and practitioners who are designing and implementing cutting-edge solutions to the most difficult social and environmental issues of our time. Tracks for the Conference include:
- Examining critical Sierra issues and exploring best practices for leveraging water and forest resources for economic and environmental good
- Exploring ways to advance innovation in rural communities
- Skill-bulding workshops designed to equip regional leaders with the tools to measure and move the needle on triple bottom line efforts
The conference will explore the evolving opportunities and challenges in creating, measuring and implementing sustainable solutions to local and Sierra-wide issues.
Cutting Edge Capital’s Jenny Kassan will be speaking on a panel about impact investing.
Please refer to the conference website for more information: http://sierrabusiness.org/
October 10-13, 2014:
Local Money – Spokane, WA
November 9-11, 2014:
SRI Conference – Colorado Springs, CO
November 10-12, 2014
Annual Slow Money Gathering – Louisville, KY